A while ago, I came across a video called 100 Years / 100 Shots, which collected some of the most iconic images from movie history into a single sequence. One of the creator's choices was the scene from Oliver Stone's "Platoon", in which Sergeant Elias (Willem Dafoe) is killed.
I had the idea of using each of the shots in the video as the starting point for a different 3D image, borrowing the concepts or composition of the shot for an image of my own. I was actually able to reproduce the Elias image reasonably well using DAZ Studio, but the result was unsatisfactory. I decided to move away from the original image to create my own image instead. The result was this image. I'm not sure what the story is here, but it's fairly clearly not the story of "Platoon" any more.
30 Oct 2016
- Michael 7
- Tatsuo Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)
- Soldier 2.0 for Genesis 3 Male(s)
- M-65 American Icon for Genesis 3 Male(s)
- Black Snake Assault Rifle
- FSL Filthy Dirty Iray Shaders
- RPC Volume 1:Fallen Trees Ivy and Vines
- Fern Lake
- Jungle Construction Kit
- Dramatic Iray Lights
- Skies of Iradiance: Night Sky HDRIs for Iray