This scene was originally intended to be the backdrop for a figure study. After a while, I decided that while the image as a whole wasn't really working, the background scene had something going for it. I deleted the foreground figure, focused on the ship and added a few soldiers.
The landing pad model used for the scene has a circular railing that was obscuring some parts of the scene I wanted to show. Unfortunately, the railing is not modeled separately. I couldn't simply make the element invisible to get rid of it. I tried selecting the surfaces for the rail and its supporting stanchions and setting Cutout Opacity to 0.0. However, that didn't work either, because I used Atmocam2 to make the scene misty and something about the invisible railing interacted with the shaders of the atmospheric volume, leaving a ghostly trace on the image. I finally ended up using the Geometry Editor to delete the parts of the model that I didn’t want.
- Dropship Griffin
- Genesis 8 Male
- Tactical Assault Outfit for Genesis 8 Males and Females
- Obsidian Weapons and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8 Male and Female
- FSL Weathered Shaders for Iray
- Just Bits Iray Shaders
- Cyborg Shaders
- Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
- Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.2 for Iray
- Urban Future 2
- Aeridian Aerial Landing Pad & Platforms
- Skies of Iradiance: Night Sky HDRIs for Iray